Friday, October 9, 2009

Mala Strana and Hradcanska- the Castle District. This afternoon, after work, Cody, Carrie and myself took a walk from the top of the castle down into Mala Strana.
We walked through the a garden area at the top of the Castle and the base of Petrin Park. The weather today really felt like fall- brisk, sunny, slight wind! The leaves are changing colors, the sun was shining, and it was perfect for a late afternoon walk.
Before heading further down the hill to a cafe, this was the view we stopped to admire. In front of us was the Vlatva River with Mala Strana on the left side and Stareomesto and Nove Mesto on the right. The lamp post was in my way, but I took the photo anyhow.
This is a better shot I took from the mid garden and it shows the trees, the hills, the castle, and the city below it. Just lovely!
Carrie, Cody and I enjoyed a few beers and appetizers at a small cafe that Cody and her husband, Michael found a few weeks ago. I love trying new places and this was a quaint cafe that I would return to. The prices were great, the people were friendly, and the food was delicious. We shared Venison Pate (mom, tell dad it was INCREDIBLE), Beer cheese which is a semi-soft cheese that you mix together with paprika, fresh onion, ground pepper, and a tablespoon of beer... then spread it on bread. It is actually very tasty! We also shared a plate of this other Czech cheese that I cannot remember the name of but is very good also and served with a tangy cabbage slaw. It was a light meal, good conversation and a relaxing way to spend the evening.

It has been a long, long week for me. In addition to my regular workload, I had an unexpected parent meeting, an all staff professional development afternoon, a three hour planning meeting with my PK team, a meeting with my bank manager, a two personal meetings with an administrator and the school business office. My vocal chords were exhausted by the end of today and I think that my single beer this evening was well earned! I am looking forward to resting this weekend. I tried to find tickets online to a World Cup qualifying match tomorrow evening. The Czech takes on Poland in what should be a very good game. I have yet to succeed in this and My plan is to try getting tickets tomorrow morning right from the stadium.. wish me luck and I will keep you posted! Love you all -- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment