Saturday, September 4, 2010

Signs of Autumn...

 
Rainbows between showers and sunshine...

 
festivals in Old Town square...
  

 
The end of summer crops... 
and the fruits of a generous laborer! (Thank You Alena!)

 
Back to school...

Yes, it is beginning to look and feel a lot like Autumn in Praha. The air is crisp on the walk to the bus stop in the mornings, the summer veggies are disappearing at the market, the school is freshly painted, furnished, and now full of children and teachers... it is back to school time! There was a buzz in the air this week as children began filling the hallways and classrooms and teachers connected throughout the day to recount funny first day stories. I love this time of year... it is offers a fresh start to educators and students... and personally, I begin to think about how to end the current year (2010), and I reflect as I look to the coming of a new year (2011)- just around the corner! Already looking toward the activities of Autumn, my friends and I have begun to discuss plans for October holiday (my mama is traveling to Prague to visit me!!!!!!), Thanksgiving dinner- who will host and who to invite, Christmas markets in Vienna and Germany... yes, Autumn is the season for making plans. After meeting my new group of 3 year olds, I am excited for a new school year, and already tuning in to their interests and personalities- planning activities and inquiry opportunities. I am looking forward to another week of getting to know one another, learning routines, laughing, singing, dancing and enjoying the last days of sunshine as we build our new new classroom community!
Happy Autumn... hope you are enjoying the season too! 

Love, Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment