Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh, to be in school again...


I have been home sick since last Thursday... sinus infection. It was a doozy, too. I have not felt this unhealthy and yucky for a long time. With a round of strong antibiotics under way, I have been doing nothing for 5 days.. literally nothing. And it is beginning to get old. I am looking forward to getting back to school tomorrow and getting back to my normal routines. I haven't blogged in a while because I haven't really had much to blog about. It has been a slow, snowy, cold winter here in Prague- we are all looking forward to Spring. I can feel it just around the corner, teasing us with a little sunshine and warmth here and there but never changing fully. It is true that we hibernate in winter- so much more so here in Praha. As I have been laying around with not much to do these past few days, I have begun redesigning my flat... rearranging furniture and hanging new photos in frames. It feels fresh and ready for spring in my home...

In other news, I met with friends last night to further plan our adventure to Turkey in April. It is going to be an exciting time of travel and relaxation! We will spend time in Istanbul on the first leg of our journey then we will head to the Black Sea Coast for a little relaxation on the water. I am so looking forward to the sunshine, seeing a more exotic country, and shopping... if I can leave Turkey with a beautiful carpet for my living room and a lamp to accent- I will be thrilled! The following images are to give you an idea of what is to be found in Turkey...



Well, it is time for me to go get laundry detergent and start the mountain of laundry that has been piling up! I hope you are all well and enjoying the seasonal changes... talk to you soon! -- Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment